A world where-
- Everybody in need of mental health service receives appropriate care as a basic right
- Mental health is valued as an asset and there is collective action to promote mental health
- Communities are empowered to take due responsibility for the mental health of their members
- Social and economic inequalities do not limit communities from achieving best levels of mental health.
- To lead the efforts in meeting the mental health needs of the population in the region.
- To promote and assist public health approaches in mental health through service development, capacity building, research, policy making and networking.
- To develop efficient, cost-effective and reproducible models of mental health care delivery.
- To advance knowledge in basic and clinical sciences relevant to mental health.